Wiadomość
Autor
Fac3kk
rookie
rookie

Cisco 7200&36xx Emulator Status

#1 Post autor: Fac3kk »

10.10.06 - Wydana zostaje wersja 0.2.6-RC1
Christophe Fillot pisze: The 0.2.6-RC1 release is available.
The main change is that switching features are now available through the NM-16ESW card for Cisco 36xx models. I didn’t test extensively Spanning-Tree, SPAN, … so I’m interested in any feedback about complex configurations. The QoS features (CoS/DSCP treatment) are not yet handled.
Bugfixes:
* Cisco 7200 configuration import into NVRAM was broken ;
* Cisco 3620/3640 with Ethernet NM could loose packets due to incorrect network interrupt handling (7200 and 3660 were not affected);
* The JIT had an incorrect behavior in some cases that I won’t describe here (see BTS entry #65 for details), it was a “silent” bug ;
Thx enceladus :)

14.09.06 - Wydana zostaje wersja 0.2.5 Final

Features:
Christophe Fillot pisze:At this time, the emulator I have programmed is able to boot a large number of Cisco IOS releases available for the 7200 and 3600 platforms, including the latest 12.2S and 12.4T.

The following devices are emulated in the current release (0.2.5):

* MIPS64 CPU processor. The instruction set is not completely emulated now (FPU support is lacking, TLB support is not finished and other minor things), but it is sufficient for IOS ;
* DRAM and Packet SRAM memory ;
* Non-Volatile Memory (NVRAM) ;
* Signetics SCN 2681 DUART (C7200 Console and AUX ports) ;
* National Semiconductors NS16552 DUART (C3600 Console and AUX ports) ;
* Dallas DS1620 Temperature Sensors and Voltage Sensors, allowing the C7200 Environmental Monitor to work properly ;
* NMC93C46 Serial EEPROM ;
* Bootflash of 8 Mb (Intel 28F016SA) ;
* Galileo GT64010/GT64120 PCI controller, DEC 21x50 PCI bridges and so ;
* PCMCIA ATA disk emulation (C7200 only at this time).

The following Cisco 7200 Port Adapters (PA) are currently supported:

* FastEthernet cards "C7200-IO-FE" and "PA-FE-TX" based on DEC21140 chip
* Ethernet cards "PA-4E" and "PA-8E" based on AMD Am79c97x chips
* ATM card "PA-A1" based on Texas Instruments Tneta1570 chip
* Serial cards "PA-4T+" and "PA-8T"
* POS (Packet over Sonet) card "PA-POS-OC3" (experimental, only works with recent IOS images)

The following Cisco 3600 Network Modules (NM) are currently supported:

* Ethernet cards: "NM-1E", "NM-4E" and "NM-1FE-TX", all based on AMD Am79c97x chips
* Serial card "NM-4T"
Strona projektu
Download
Ostatnio zmieniony 10 paź 2006, 19:25 przez Fac3kk, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Awatar użytkownika
enceladus
inner circle
inner circle

#2 Post autor: enceladus »

10.10.06 - Wydana zostaje wersja 0.2.6-RC1
The 0.2.6-RC1 release is available.
The main change is that switching features are now available through the NM-16ESW card for Cisco 36xx models. I didn’t test extensively Spanning-Tree, SPAN, … so I’m interested in any feedback about complex configurations. The QoS features (CoS/DSCP treatment) are not yet handled.
Bugfixes:
  • Cisco 7200 configuration import into NVRAM was broken ;
  • Cisco 3620/3640 with Ethernet NM could loose packets due to incorrect network interrupt handling (7200 and 3660 were not affected);
  • The JIT had an incorrect behavior in some cases that I won’t describe here (see BTS entry #65 for details), it was a “silent” bug ;
http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/dynamips/
<: Enceladus :>

Awatar użytkownika
enceladus
inner circle
inner circle

#3 Post autor: enceladus »

18.10.06 - wydanie 0.2.6-RC2
The 0.2.6-RC2 release is available.
Changes for the NM-16ESW:
- Base MAC address is now properly generated ;
- An ager has been added to delete inactive dynamic MAC addresses. Please note that this ager runs every 15 seconds, whereas the interval should be modified dynamically ;
- Displaying MAC address-table should now work correctly ;
- Better handling of BPDU packets (spanning-tree should work fine now) ;
Other changes:
- Merged a patch from Damjan Marion who added support for Solaris (x86) build. Many thanks to him!

xeon
Kontakt:

Introduction of some new platforms (2691,3725,3745)

#4 Post autor: xeon »

14.11.06 - wydanie 0.2.6-RC3
The 0.2.6-RC3 release is available.

The main change is the support of the Cisco 2691, 3725 and 3745 routers, with the following remarks:

* PCMCIA disks are correctly handled ;
* Integrated FastEthernet ports (of the GT96100 system controller) can be used ;
* The possible Network Modules are: NM-1FE-TX, NM-4T and NM-16ESW.
* Dynagen doesn’t support yet these 3 models, Greg will work on it. At the moment, you can use them with command line or directly with hypervisor commands.

Awatar użytkownika
enceladus
inner circle
inner circle

#5 Post autor: enceladus »

07.12.2006 - wydanie 0.2.6-RC5
The 0.2.6-RC5 release is available. It mainly fixes (again!) BPDU handling on the NM-16ESW switch module.
Bugfixes / Changes:
* Incorrect BPDU MAC address recognition: this solves the problem of IS-IS not establishing adjacencies through a NM-16ESW (reported on Hacki’s forum) ;
* BPDU packets tagged incorrectly on non-trunk ports ;
* Merged of patch from Thomas Pani to list VM TCP console ports (required for gDynagen).

Awatar użytkownika
marcins
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

#6 Post autor: marcins »

moderatorzy to chyba spia

Hello all,

The 0.2.7-RC1 release is available. It mainly introduces support for the PowerPC architecture. You will be able to mix MIPS and PowerPC platforms in the same hypervisor instance.

New platforms, port adapters and features:

* Cisco 2600 platform. Possible Network Modules: NM-1E, NM-4E, NM-1FE-TX, NM-16ESW. NM-4T is not supported. This platform is very good for “CE” routers (less memory and less CPU power used) in your labs. Don’t forget to set the appropriate amount of RAM for recent IOS images ;
* Cisco 7200 NPE-G2: basically working (excepted integrated GigabitEthernet ports), but not recommended for common use (a lot of bugs remain) ;
* Cisco 7200 new Ethernet Port Adapters: PA-2FE-TX (2 FastEthernet ports), PA-GE (1 GigabitEthernet port), C7200-I/O-2FE/E, C7200-I/O-GE+E. These PA and IOcards are based on the Intel i82543 chip, which is incompletely emulated. Please let me know if you encounter strange problems with them.
* Greg Anuzelli added support for PCAP capture on virtual interfaces. You can capture Serial (Cisco HDLC, PPP, Frame Relay) and Ethernet packets. ATM is not supported. This will require a Dynagen upgrade.
* “Sparse memory”: this feature will allow to start more routers per hypervisor instance. The virtual memory is only allocated when required, and Ghost RAM is loaded only once (if used). This will also require a Dynagen upgrade.

Bug fixes:

* NM-16ESW: discard flag in Port Table was incorrectly handled (please see http://7200emu.hacki.at/viewtopic.php?t=686)
* PA-POS-OC3 now works with all NPE models.

About the switch platforms (3550, 3560, …), please read http://7200emu.hacki.at/viewtopic.php?t=658 , whose the conclusion is that without the help of Cisco Systems, it is probably impossible to do it (specific ASICs, POST tests at boot, etc.)

Awatar użytkownika
ciku
wannabe
wannabe

#7 Post autor: ciku »

Jupi :D Coraz lepiej... juz 2600 smiga i to z NM-16ESW.
No wiec zmykam zassac nowosc :wink:
################
Nie chce Kasi ani Rity ;o)
lecz chetnie zapoznam
sie z S E C U R I T Y
################

Awatar użytkownika
gangrena
CCIE/CCDE
CCIE/CCDE

#8 Post autor: gangrena »

Polecam niedawno dolozona opcje ghostios, dzieki niej mozna oszczedzic sporo RAMu. Dla IOS o wielkosci 192 MB do platformy 7200 zaoszczedzam okolo 60 MB per router, wiec calkiem niezle. Proporcjonalnie mniej dla mniejszych softow.

Ale ostatnio cos to nie mam cierpliwosci do dynamipsa. Chyba przerzuce sie na zdalne racki z prawdziwym sprzetem.

Awatar użytkownika
marcins
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

#9 Post autor: marcins »

gangrena pisze:Ale ostatnio cos to nie mam cierpliwosci do dynamipsa. Chyba przerzuce sie na zdalne racki z prawdziwym sprzetem.
aja po tym anonsie myslalem czy nie isc w druga strone - sprzedac czesc zelastwa i postawic wypasiony PC...bladze chyba..

Awatar użytkownika
ciku
wannabe
wannabe

#10 Post autor: ciku »

marcins pisze:...bladze chyba..
Bladzic jest rzecza ludzka :wink:
Jesli 7200sim (ciezko go juz powoli tak nazywac :wink: ) bedzie sie dalej rozwijal w takim tempie to mysle ze to nie bedzie zlym wyjsciem sprzedac czesc sprzetu a postawic jednego wyspasionego PC (zaoszczedzisz miejsce, zurzycie pradu :P no i oprocz lab'a bedziesz mogl wykorzystac go na setki innych sposobow :mrgreen: )
################
Nie chce Kasi ani Rity ;o)
lecz chetnie zapoznam
sie z S E C U R I T Y
################

goopy
wannabe
wannabe

#11 Post autor: goopy »

ciku pisze:
marcins pisze:...bladze chyba..
Bladzic jest rzecza ludzka :wink:
Jesli 7200sim (ciezko go juz powoli tak nazywac :wink: ) bedzie sie dalej rozwijal w takim tempie to mysle ze to nie bedzie zlym wyjsciem sprzedac czesc sprzetu a postawic jednego wyspasionego PC (zaoszczedzisz miejsce, zurzycie pradu :P no i oprocz lab'a bedziesz mogl wykorzystac go na setki innych sposobow :mrgreen: )
true, a i zona odetchnie jak nie zobaczy zelastwa...

Awatar użytkownika
marcins
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

#12 Post autor: marcins »

i tak nie widzi..
za male mam mieszkanie na 2x szafa 42U

goopy
wannabe
wannabe

#13 Post autor: goopy »

marcins pisze:i tak nie widzi..
za male mam mieszkanie na 2x szafa 42U
Przeprowadz sie na prowincje, bedziesz mial dwa razy wieksze :wink:

piotro
wannabe
wannabe

#14 Post autor: piotro »

Pozbyc sie ruterkow, za to mala szafka np. 16U, ze 3 rackowe serwerki do niej i na nich sobie dynamipsa...

Awatar użytkownika
marcins
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

#15 Post autor: marcins »

ano, ale zanim wybuduja gdzies mieszkac trzeba..

co do pozbycia sie..oj za duzo mam fajnych rzeczy :)

ODPOWIEDZ