Wiadomość
Autor
lbromirs
CCIE
CCIE

Re: EtherChannell speed

#16 Post autor: lbromirs »

rysic pisze:Dostanę CCNP bez zdawania! :wink:
Raczej nie. CCNP to nie tylko odpowiedzi na pytania o EtherChannel. Ale oczywiście :wink:

rysic
wannabe
wannabe
Kontakt:

#17 Post autor: rysic »

The difference between the descriptions on the two pages seems to be whether a 1 Gbps link is considered to have a bandwidth in one direction or two. For example, a 1 Gbps link can send up to 1 Gbps from one switch to another. If it is full-duplex, then data can travel in both directions simultaneously, which some people interpret to mean a maximum of 2 Gbps total. Then the bandwidth of an EtherChannel is simply the bandwidth of one link multiplied by the number of links bundled.

Traditionally, Cisco switches have supported up to 8 links bundled together in a single EtherChannel. Newer switches sitll have the limit of 8 active links, but you can configure 8 additional links as “standby” links, in case any active links fail.

I know this is a confusing topic because you never know if Cisco is asking about aggregate bandwidth (both directions) or just one direction. I’m afraid it won’t be any more clear on the exam unless there are any other clues in the question that would indicate bidirectional bandwidth.

I hope this helps. I appreciate Kamil’s question!
Thanks,
Dave H
Dostałem uścisk dłoni prezesa :D
W zasadzie to nie liczyłem na nic, tylko chciałem wyjaśnić problem, ale chyba nie mają zamiaru nic z tym zrobić.

kurđ
wannabe
wannabe
Kontakt:

#18 Post autor: kurđ »

"Confusing" to jest tylko przez ich głupią terminologię, tak jakby etherchannel konfigurowało się tylko między dwoma switchami.
Szkoda, że zwykłych portów nie określają jako 2Gbit, byłoby zabawniej.
MfG
Kurđ

ODPOWIEDZ