Autor
Awatar użytkownika
polak
wannabe
wannabe

VTPv3

#1 Post autor: polak »

Hej
Mam pytanie odnosnie VTP v3 (nie mam jak przetestowac w labie)
Mam corowy switch 9300 i podpiete do niego mniejsze 9200, juz mam skonfigurowane vlany i proste trunki.
Czy wlaczajac VTP v3 strace obecne vlany na VTP server ? I jak podepne switch client VTP to on tez straci swoje VLANY ? (i zaciagnie nowe z VTP server)

Dzieki
King Kong ain't got shit on me!

cbr
wannabe
wannabe

Re: VTPv3

#2 Post autor: cbr »

To zależy ;)

W VTP najwyższy revision number w danej domenie "wygrywa" i nadpisuje konfigurację. Jeśli nie ma domeny, to zostanie przyjęta ta, którą przełącznik usłyszy na trunku.
If the device receives a VTP advertisement over a trunk link, it inherits the management domain name and the VTP configuration revision number. The device then ignores advertisements with a different domain name or an earlier configuration revision number.

When you make a change to the VLAN configuration on a VTP server, the change is propagated to all devices in the VTP domain. VTP advertisements are sent over all IEEE trunk connections, including IEEE 802.1Q. VTP dynamically maps VLANs with unique names and internal index associates across multiple LAN types. Mapping eliminates excessive device administration required from network administrators.
Przy VTP zawsze należy zachować ostrożność. Przełącznik bez VLANów, który ma wyższy revision number mocno namieszczać w sieci.
Before adding a VTP client device to a VTP domain, always verify that its VTP configuration revision number is lower than the configuration revision number of the other devices in the VTP domain. Devices in a VTP domain always use the VLAN configuration of the device with the highest VTP configuration revision number. If you add a device that has a revision number higher than the revision number in the VTP domain, it can erase all VLAN information from the VTP server and VTP domain.
Zerknij do dokumentacji

ODPOWIEDZ