cisco call manager

Problemy z pozostałymi technologiami (SDH, IronPort, WAAS itp.)
Wiadomość
Autor
Awatar użytkownika
luka
wannabe
wannabe

cisco call manager

#1 Post autor: luka »

czy komus udalo sie odpalic ,,cisco call manager''? jedyna wersja jaka dorwalem to taka w pliku .msi (346MB) - wydaje mi sie ze to nie wszystkie pliki instalki ale mimo to probowalem to zainstalowac. probowalem na kilku wersjach win2k i kilku win2k3 o winxp nie wspominajac - mialem oczywiscie wymagane service packi - na zadnym windowsie nie szlo:( juz teraz nie pamietam jakim bledem krzyczalo:( jesli komus sie udalo odpalic to na jakim systemie z jakim service packiem no i jak ktos instalowal to czy wystarczy ten jeden plik ktory mam?

PaJacek
wannabe
wannabe

#2 Post autor: PaJacek »

Uruchomilem to wielokrotnie na sprzecie rekomendowanym przez Cisco pod to oprogramowanie... i nie tylko... A jako ze nie popieram wyczynow Twojego, typu wiec szukaj sobie rozwiazania sam.... :-)

Jacek

Awatar użytkownika
luka
wannabe
wannabe

#3 Post autor: luka »

PaJacek pisze:A jako ze nie popieram wyczynow Twojego, typu
heh:) a co masz na mysli?

Awatar użytkownika
marcins
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

#4 Post autor: marcins »

wirelesspeap (TechnicalUser)
6 Oct 04 22:36
Hi BuckWeet, intuity and everyone,

I am going to install CCM 4.0 on a generic PC (dual P-III
1.0 GHZ with 2GB of RAM). This is what my installation procedure will look like. I really appreciate input from the experts in this forum:

1) Install Win2k Advanced Server with:
a) Accessories and Utilities,
b) Indexing Service,
c) IIS,
d) Management and Monitoring tools
e) Assign an IP address, DNS and default gateway to the
win2k Advanced Server machine

2) Apply Win2k Service Pack 4 and IE6 Service Pack 1
and reboot the machine,

3) Create a file in notepad name make_mcs.reg. The content of the file will look like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Model]
"Hardware"="MCS7835"
"Memory"="1024"
"Speed"="1000"

4) Save the file and merge into the registry,

5) Apply the OS upgrade with the file obtain from Cisco called win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6sr4.exe,

6) reboot the machine,

7) After the machine come back online, insert the CCM
install CD and start installing CCM 4.0.

Is this the right way to do it? Please help.

David
Find A Job or Post a Job Opening Click Here.
intuity (TechnicalUser)
7 Oct 04 11:16
David,

These are the instructions I used to install CCM 4.039 on a generic Dell Optiplex PC with a 20 gig IDE hard drive and 196K Ram. Of course, I am only using this specific PC for proof of concept and for screen shot documentation. I am not trying to plug in a bunch of phones and attach a gateway to process real time telephone calls on this particular PC configuration.

Intuity

Installing CCM 4.0 on a Generic PC Server

1. Install Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Operating system as released by Microsoft. Do not install the Cisco supplied Hardware detection disk or the Cisco customized operating system.

2. Now, install Microsoft’s Service Pack 3 as a minimum service pack release. Currently, MS has released Service Pack 4 for MS 2000 server so use this release. Go to Control Panel\ADD\REMOVE WINDOWS COMPONENTS\MANAGMENT and MONITORING TOOLS. Activate; SNMP, Connection Manager Components and Network Monitor Tools.

3. Apply the registry edit script detailed below. Got to the start button on the MS 2000 Server toolbar. Type in Regedit in the field box. Drill down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE. Highlight the word SOFTWARE and click on File and then Export. Save the file as MCS or whatever you desire.

4. Open the saved exported registry file in notepad. Type in the following registry script:

5. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Model]
6. “Hardware”=”MCS7835”
7. “Memory”=”1024”
8. “Speed”=”733”

9. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spirian\System Info\OS Image]
10. “Version”=”2000.2.5”

11. Save the edited registry script and then go back to the MS Server 2000 start button on the tool bar.
12. Open the registry file and click FILE and then IMPORT. Select MCS or what ever file name you saved the exported Registry file under.
13. Next, install the Cisco Service Release patches as downloaded directly from the Cisco CCO web page (not the Os\BIOS upgrade disk included with CCM. Install SR 6, SR 6-2, SR6-3 and SR-6-4.
14. Install CCM version 4.0
15. Complete!

7 Oct 04 14:53
Hi intuity,
thank you very much for the instructions. One other question, where can I download SR 6, SR 6-2, SR6-3 and SR-6-4? I have Cisco CCO account (Advanced Network Services) and I only see win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6.exe and win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6sr4.exe

I would assume that I should install win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6.exe first and then follow by win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6sr4.exe

What do you think?

David
intuity (TechnicalUser)
7 Oct 04 15:52
David,

On the CCO web page, they have a location under voice called archieves. That is where they store older SR and older code. You won't need to search there since you just need to apply win-os-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6 and then 2-6sr4.exe. 2000-6sr4 is cummulative so it will include all of the SR6-2 and SR6-3 stuff. I just happened to ave had all of the older SR code laying around my work station.

good luck,

Intuity
7 Oct 04 16:40
Hi intuity,

After upgrading Win2k Advanced Server with win-os-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6 and win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6sr4.exe, I reboot
the system.

How many CDs are there in Cisco Call Manager 4.0? I only
have 2 CDs. When I put in Cisco 4.0 CD 1 of 2, after running for a while, I got this message:

Current OS version does not meet minimum requirements. Aborting Cisco Callmanger installation. See Upgrading Cisco CallManager Release Document.

What does that I mean? i am doing a fresh install of CCM
version 4.0?

David

Find A Forum Find An Expert
Home > Forums > Wiring Closet > Telephony > Cisco: Call Manager Forum
Howto Install Cisco Call Manager 4.0 on a generic PC
thread851-930128
Forum Search FAQs Links Jobs
6 Oct 04 22:36
Hi BuckWeet, intuity and everyone,

I am going to install CCM 4.0 on a generic PC (dual P-III
1.0 GHZ with 2GB of RAM). This is what my installation procedure will look like. I really appreciate input from the experts in this forum:

1) Install Win2k Advanced Server with:
a) Accessories and Utilities,
b) Indexing Service,
c) IIS,
d) Management and Monitoring tools
e) Assign an IP address, DNS and default gateway to the
win2k Advanced Server machine

2) Apply Win2k Service Pack 4 and IE6 Service Pack 1
and reboot the machine,

3) Create a file in notepad name make_mcs.reg. The content of the file will look like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Model]
"Hardware"="MCS7835"
"Memory"="1024"
"Speed"="1000"

4) Save the file and merge into the registry,

5) Apply the OS upgrade with the file obtain from Cisco called win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6sr4.exe,

6) reboot the machine,

7) After the machine come back online, insert the CCM
install CD and start installing CCM 4.0.

Is this the right way to do it? Please help.

David
Find A Job or Post a Job Opening Click Here.
intuity (TechnicalUser)
7 Oct 04 11:16
David,

These are the instructions I used to install CCM 4.039 on a generic Dell Optiplex PC with a 20 gig IDE hard drive and 196K Ram. Of course, I am only using this specific PC for proof of concept and for screen shot documentation. I am not trying to plug in a bunch of phones and attach a gateway to process real time telephone calls on this particular PC configuration.

Intuity

Installing CCM 4.0 on a Generic PC Server

1. Install Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Operating system as released by Microsoft. Do not install the Cisco supplied Hardware detection disk or the Cisco customized operating system.

2. Now, install Microsoft’s Service Pack 3 as a minimum service pack release. Currently, MS has released Service Pack 4 for MS 2000 server so use this release. Go to Control Panel\ADD\REMOVE WINDOWS COMPONENTS\MANAGMENT and MONITORING TOOLS. Activate; SNMP, Connection Manager Components and Network Monitor Tools.

3. Apply the registry edit script detailed below. Got to the start button on the MS 2000 Server toolbar. Type in Regedit in the field box. Drill down to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE. Highlight the word SOFTWARE and click on File and then Export. Save the file as MCS or whatever you desire.

4. Open the saved exported registry file in notepad. Type in the following registry script:

5. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Model]
6. “Hardware”=”MCS7835”
7. “Memory”=”1024”
8. “Speed”=”733”

9. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spirian\System Info\OS Image]
10. “Version”=”2000.2.5”

11. Save the edited registry script and then go back to the MS Server 2000 start button on the tool bar.
12. Open the registry file and click FILE and then IMPORT. Select MCS or what ever file name you saved the exported Registry file under.
13. Next, install the Cisco Service Release patches as downloaded directly from the Cisco CCO web page (not the Os\BIOS upgrade disk included with CCM. Install SR 6, SR 6-2, SR6-3 and SR-6-4.
14. Install CCM version 4.0
15. Complete!

7 Oct 04 14:53
Hi intuity,
thank you very much for the instructions. One other question, where can I download SR 6, SR 6-2, SR6-3 and SR-6-4? I have Cisco CCO account (Advanced Network Services) and I only see win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6.exe and win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6sr4.exe

I would assume that I should install win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6.exe first and then follow by win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6sr4.exe

What do you think?

David
intuity (TechnicalUser)
7 Oct 04 15:52
David,

On the CCO web page, they have a location under voice called archieves. That is where they store older SR and older code. You won't need to search there since you just need to apply win-os-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6 and then 2-6sr4.exe. 2000-6sr4 is cummulative so it will include all of the SR6-2 and SR6-3 stuff. I just happened to ave had all of the older SR code laying around my work station.

good luck,

Intuity
7 Oct 04 16:40
Hi intuity,

After upgrading Win2k Advanced Server with win-os-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6 and win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6sr4.exe, I reboot
the system.

How many CDs are there in Cisco Call Manager 4.0? I only
have 2 CDs. When I put in Cisco 4.0 CD 1 of 2, after running for a while, I got this message:

Current OS version does not meet minimum requirements. Aborting Cisco Callmanger installation. See Upgrading Cisco CallManager Release Document.

What does that I mean? i am doing a fresh install of CCM
version 4.0?

David
7 Oct 04 17:11
Hi Intuity,

do you have Yahoo or AOL IM that I can contact you directly
so that you can help me installing CCM 4.0? I keep having
the same issue that keeps telling me that my current OS version does NOT meed the minimum requirements.

Thanks.

David
olivher (MIS)
9 Oct 04 1:18
I'm having trouble after the computer reboots after phase 1 of 3 in the 2000.2.6.exe installation. After it reboots, I log in, but nothing happens, the installation does not continue. I noticed that my registry hacks were altered by the installation. Has anyone run into this?
9 Oct 04 9:12
I've figured out what the problem is. My initial installation was done on an IBM thinkpad T40 (1.3GHZ with 512MB of RAM). The installation of win-os-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6 (phase 1, 2 and 3) and win-OS-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-6sr4.exe went through just fine. After that, when I insert
the CCM 4.0 disk 1, it tells me that my OS does not meet
the requirement.

I went through and did exactly the same thing on my generic
PC (dual P-III 1.0GHz with 2GB of RAM) and the installation
went through just fine. However, my CCM 4.0 Disk #2 is
corrupted so I will have to wait next week to get another
set of CCM 4.0 to try.

The installation procedure provided by Intuity is excellent.

David
intuity (TechnicalUser)
12 Oct 04 10:40
Olivher,

I am not sure how y ou are installingthe W2k Server and subsequent patch releases but that sounds like it might be the problem. Install Microsoft plain W2k Server not the Cisco version of OS. Next, download and apply the Microssoft service pack release 4 and install that. Install only the critical and service pack, and Internet 6sp1 releases from Microsoft. Don't bother installing all of the other Windows media player stuff.

Now, apply the registery script hacks as noted earlier on this site. Merge the registry changes with your current registery. Then continue wit hthe rest of the process as outlined in tek tips above.

Intuity
khaledmaster (IS/IT--Manageme)
13 Apr 05 4:07
Dear All;
Does the same applie for CCM4.1?
Thanks
Helpful Member!beatd (TechnicalUser)
13 Apr 05 7:48
hi all,

i've done the same procedure with CCM4.1(2), win-os-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-7 and win-os-Upgrade-K9.2000-2-7sr2. the installation works fine!

good luck, beat

ODPOWIEDZ