marcins
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

Wizyta na LABIE !!!! bylo: LAB VISIT

#1 Post autor: marcins »

here a post from CertificationTalk.com (IPExpert Forum):

LAB VISIT - Good Advice !!! (Part 1)

I recently visited RTP’s CCIE Lab. I strongly recommend making the visit before your first time at a test site. Knowing the route, the building and speaking with one of the proctors who answered many questions helps. This has been reviewed by someone at Cisco (so no fear of NDA violation) I hope this info is helpful.

How do I access the rack?
- RTP’s desks are located right next to the open rack. It’s reassuring to see physical layout & cabling, but DO NOT TOUCH. I wasn’t told this, but common sense that candidates keep hands off. If you think there's a problem with connections or the equipment, tell proctor immediately, and leave it to them. If there's a problem, they’ll work with you, but if you mess with the equipment?Just Don’t Touch.
- The PC can telnet to a comm sever (looked like 25xx) pre-configured to access your rack. A good thing about this: keep several telnet windows open (using Secure CRT) without need to 'CTRL-SHIFT-6, x' between sessions.

What version of the Doc CD is used?
- RTP has filtered access to online documentation site: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/home/home.htm. The search page, HW & SW docs and any link that starts with http://www.cisco.com/univercd/ will work, but some of CCO (white papers & tech notes) are blocked.

What’s the desk like? (may vary by site)
- Desks are roughly 48”x30? with low cubicle wall on 3 sides.
- RTP uses 17?CRT’s with the res locked down (1280x1024, I think)
- Keyboards are std 104-key keyboards like this one: http://www.execgroup.net/images/IBMkey.jpg
- There’s no way to save files; if you use notepad for copy/paste, you can't save file.
- No printers, you can’t print configs or debug/show output to review or make notes on.

What materials are provided or allowed?
- White, ltr-size copy paper is provided; you’re started with 2 sheets, but proctor will provide as needed.
- Absolutely no outside items are permitted in the lab. Several pencils, of various colors, are provided. No pens, pencils, markers or highlights are allowed to be brought into the lab.
- No notebooks, pads, paper, Post-it notes or flags are allowed in the lab.
- There are no lockers to keep personal items during the exam, so leave everything home or in car.

What about the exam booklet?
- The exam is in a 3-ring binder, with diagrams and test enclosed in sheet protectors. You may take pages out of the binder, but are not permitted to remove the paper from the protector.
- Any writing directly on the sheet protector, or the paper itself will result in DISQUALIFICATION and one year ban from the test, (other violations provide for up to a lifetime ban http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3 ... /violation_ rules.html)

Time / breaks
- Start time is practically written in stone. Don’t be late, a briefing is done as a group, everyone starts at the same time. If you arrive late, you will have less than 8 hours to finish the lab.
- There is a wall clock (matches PC’s clock) Based on time proctor started the exam, end time will be written on a white-board.
- The lunch break is 20-30 minutes, (proctor will give a 5 min warning) Lunch is from a local catering company, if you have food requirements, you may be best off bagging it. Beverages may be brought to the desk, but be careful.
- The proctor will provide a warning about 15 min before the end of the lab (helpful for those candidates who have completely zoned, and may have lost track of the time.)

Comments
- Provide comments and descriptions in the config at least where required by the exam. Additional remarks may be personally helpful, but if you are trying to explain why you chose one feature or command over any other, remember that scoring depends only on whether an objective was met, not how, so the comments will not sway the proctor’s scoring.

Good exam strategy:
- Review the entire test before doing any configurations
- Group questions by comfort level, and knock out the sections you know very well, followed by sections you think you know, then sections you need to refer to documentation for. This will help you get the more points up front, instead of missing out on them by running out of time.
- Save configurations often throughout the exam ?bugs and power glitches can spoil an exam (BTW - it’s a myth that the proctors start their grading by power cycling the rack, but why take the chance ?SAVE OFTEN!)
Ostatnio zmieniony 21 gru 2005, 10:57 przez marcins, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

Awatar użytkownika
manius
CCIE
CCIE
Kontakt:

#2 Post autor: manius »

it’s a myth that the proctors start their grading by power cycling the rack
panie Havranek, to nie myth ... zdarza sie i to czesto ze twojego racka ocenia inna strona swiata na zupelnie innym sprzecie.

po za tym Bruksela nie przegina az tak bardzo z tymi swoimi mazakami - mialem swoje i nikt mi nic nie mowil.
Jak to pewien proctor powiedzial :
.."Dopoki nie przylapie cie na rozmowie z dlugopisem - mozesz go uzywac..." :D

pjeter
CCIE
CCIE

#3 Post autor: pjeter »

manius,
a napoje / cos slodkiego ?
Chcialbym wziasc 0,5 l cole i czekolade - mozna ?

(.. i jako dobry uczen jablko dla proctora hehe ;))

PJ

Awatar użytkownika
marcins
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

#4 Post autor: marcins »

snickersa mozesz
imho piciu nie ma sensu bo masz non stop dostep do lodowki
w przerwie jakies kanapki, ale ja nic nie jadlem

Awatar użytkownika
slomek
inner circle
inner circle

#5 Post autor: slomek »

marcins pisze: w przerwie jakies kanapki, ale ja nic nie jadlem
Nerwy ? :D

Awatar użytkownika
WOJO
inner circle
inner circle

#6 Post autor: WOJO »

pjeter pisze:manius,

(.. i jako dobry uczen jablko dla proctora hehe ;))
PJ
Jabłko..., coby się udławił i nie pilnował czy nie podpowiadał ? :-)

pjeter
CCIE
CCIE

#7 Post autor: pjeter »

marcins pisze:snickersa mozesz
jest cola/pepsi w tej lodowce ?
zakladam ze lodowka stoi w tym samym pomieszczeniu co racki ?

PJ

Awatar użytkownika
WOJO
inner circle
inner circle

#8 Post autor: WOJO »

pjeter pisze: zakladam ze lodowka stoi w tym samym pomieszczeniu co racki ?

PJ
Jakoś ten "zapał" do zdawania egzaminu muszą chłodzić :lol:

pjeter
CCIE
CCIE

#9 Post autor: pjeter »

marcins pisze:snickersa mozesz
Ponizej kilku postow nie wnoszacych nic sensownego
do dyskusji ponawiam pytania:
jest cola/pepsi w tej lodowce ?
zakladam ze lodowka stoi w tym samym pomieszczeniu co racki ?

PJ

Awatar użytkownika
marcins
Site Admin
Site Admin
Kontakt:

#10 Post autor: marcins »

jejku jest
soki itp badziewie
chyba placisz 1500 $ to cole moga dorzucic
w brukseli szafa stoi jakies 20 metrow w drugim pomieszczeniu
prosto, korytarz i wchodzisz do pomieszczenia i po prawej jest szafa

racki stoja gdzie indziej

gert ma biurko przy drzwiach, ale u mnie w wiekszosci lezal w sali z cola ;0

uff.
aha 3cie pietro. jak wyjdziesz na faje na dwor ktos od srodka musi otworzyc ci drzwi

po wejsci do budynku dostajesz naklejke na bluze CCIE i imie i nazwisko

pjeter
CCIE
CCIE

#11 Post autor: pjeter »

great.
dzieki za info.

Wybralem termin laba - 07.07 :D

PJ

wojtek
CCIE
CCIE

#12 Post autor: wojtek »

Czesc,
Jezeli jest okazja zeby zobaczyc lab przed egzaminem to goraco to polecam. Problem w tym, ze nie bardzo chca wpuszczac, chyba ze w niedalekiej przyszlosci masz zabookowany egzamin. Ja zdawalem Voice w Brukseli, ale tak sie zlozylo ze bylem na bootcampie w San Jose i z racji tego ze bylo przez ulice to poszlismy do Cisco zobaczyc jak wyglada egzamin. Bylo nas czterech, ale tylko dwoch z nas wpuscili, bo mielismy egzamin zabookowany na nastepny tydzien. Reszta kolegow musiala na nas poczekac. Proktor powiedzial, ze nie chca robic z tego atrakcji turystycznej i tylko wpuszczaja osoby, ktore maja lab w niedlugim czasie. Mnie ta wizyta bardzo pomogla, na ezaminie w Brukseli czulem sie jakos pewniej. Sam proktor Ben Ng byl bardzo mily i wyjasnil nam kilka organizacyjnych watpliwosci. Mam swiadomosc, ze nie czesto tak sie zdarza, ze mozna sobie odwiedzic lab przed podejsciem do egzaminu. Na CCO sa artykuly/wywiady z proktorami, ktorzy wyjasniaja watpliwosci natury organizacyjnej podchodzacych do egzaminu. Goraco polecam te artykuly np. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/about/ac123/ ... dfd50.html
pozdrowienia
WK

Awatar użytkownika
manius
CCIE
CCIE
Kontakt:

#13 Post autor: manius »

marcins pisze: aha 3cie pietro.
juz teraz czwarte :)

Seba
CCIE/CCDE Site Admin
CCIE/CCDE Site Admin

#14 Post autor: Seba »

Panowie i Panie,

Słuchajcie co kolega o nickname wojtek mówi.
To chyba jak dotąd jedyny CCIE Voice w Polsce; zdał za pierwszym podejściem, a do tego to mój kolega jest ;-)
Ale sytuacja ze "zwiedzaniem" laba wcześniej, nie jest chyba zbyt częsta. Ogólnie jak usłyszałem o tym od Wojtka to się bardzo zdziwiłem. Być może w USA to jeszcze przechodzia, ale w Brukseli jakoś tego w ogólnie nie widzę.

Awatar użytkownika
manius
CCIE
CCIE
Kontakt:

#15 Post autor: manius »

Wojtek - gratulacje !
moze podzielisz sie info - przygotowania, materialy , bootcampy (np. ten w SJ) , trudnosc egzamu itp.
W Brukseli jest troche inaczej - nie ma przegrodek wiec halas troche wiekszy , zwlaszcza jak zdaje kilku voice :)
No i powiedz co to za gosc ten Ben Ng - nie kojarze go, znam dwoch Gertow w Brukselce ale tego jakos nie ...

Marcins - moze by tak zrobic dzial CCIE Voice ?
Ostatnio zmieniony 18 kwie 2005, 09:53 przez manius, łącznie zmieniany 1 raz.

ODPOWIEDZ